NEW DELHI: Taking a dig at the delegation of BJP leaders from Gujarat visiting Delhi to check the "ground reality" of the Aam Aadmi Party government's modernised schools and mohalla clinics, chief minister Arvind Kejriwal said on Wednesday that Delhi could become the model for Gujarat government’s schools and health facilities. Taking to Twitter, Kejriwal said, “BJP leaders from Gujarat have come to see the schools and mohalla clinics in Delhi. I'm hoping they take lessons from Delhi's outstanding educational and healthcare systems and implement them in Gujarat; India will only progress once we all learn from each other.” Meanwhile, at a Delhi government school on Rouse Avenue, AAP MLAs said that they had invited the Gujarat delegates through TV and social media to visit that school, which had been completely transformed in the last seven years. Atishi said they wanted the BJP visitors to gain an insight into how to transform and run world-class schools. “Students study on taat-patti in world-class schools in Gujarat. The BJP delegation should come here and see what an actual world-class school looks like,” said Atishi in the afternoon. “We picked the Rouse Avenue government school located in front of the BJP headquarters so that the visitors couldn’t evade pleading that they didn’t know where the school is. We have been waiting since 12.30pm, but they haven’t come yet.” There was no immediate reaction available from BJP on AAP’s invitation and their visit to schools and health facilities in the city. Atishi said the school earlier ran from a tin shed seven years ago, but had now been transformed into a state-of-the-art school by AAP. Parents all over Delhi want to send their children to government schools now, she claimed. The AAP MLAs said they had made proper arrangements in this school to welcome the BJP delegates and had organised an exhibition of student projects. “BJP is quite active on social media and keeps responding to our tweets, so we expect them to have received our invitation sent through Twitter and television,” said Atishi. “We are unaware of any development regarding them visiting other schools. Yesterday, they went to a mohalla clinic late in the evening when the doctors, patients and officials of the health department had left for home. We want them to visit a school where we are also present.”
AHMEDABAD: The Gujarat high court issued notices to the Ahmedabad District Education Officer (DEO), V R Shah Smruti Adarsh Education Trust and its trustees over a petition filed by Nirman Foundation Education Trust. Nirman Foundation has urged the HC to direct the DEO to take control of the school by taking original documents and handing them over to it or to any other school. This is because the VR Shah Smruti Adarsh Primary School did not close even after it was promised after its management decided to hand over control to Nirman Foundation in 2014. The school’s name was changed to Nirman Primary School, Vasna, the petitioner trust submitted. In its petition, Nirman Foundation submitted that the campus was sublet to it, and various disputes were pending before different courts and forums about the property. In 2014, it was promised that the VR Shah school would be shut down, but the school continued operations. In October 2020, the director of primary education passed an order for the closure of the school and ordered DEO to take possession and control of the original records of the school and hand them over to any other school. The petitioner trust and its trustees further submitted that they have twice made representations before the DEO to take control of records of the school, but the authority did not act and this has brought them before the court. Justice V D Nanavati on Tuesday issued notices and posted further hearing on July 21.
Ahmedabad: The Gujarat high court issued notices to the Ahmedabad District Education Officer (DEO), V R Shah Smruti Adarsh Education Trust and its trustees over a petition filed by Nirman Foundation Education Trust.Nirman Foundation has urged the HC to direct the DEO to take control of the school by taking original documents and handing them over to it or to any other school.This is because the VR Shah Smruti Adarsh Primary School did not close even after it was promised after its management decided to hand over control to Nirman Foundation in 2014. The school’s name was changed to Nirman Primary School, Vasna, the petitioner trust submitted.In its petition, Nirman Foundation submitted that the campus was sublet to it, and various disputes were pending before different courts and forums about the property.In 2014, it was promised that the VR Shah school would be shut down, but the school continued operations. In October 2020, the director of primary education passed an order for the closure of the school and ordered DEO to take possession and control of the original records of the school and hand them over to any other school.The petitioner trust and its trustees further submitted that they have twice made representations before the DEO to take control of records of the school, but the authority did not act and this has brought them before the court.Justice V D Nanavati on Tuesday issued notices and posted further hearing on July 21.
Gandhinagar: As many as 5.72 lakh children were admitted in Class 1 during the three-day Shala Praveshotsav, the annual drive to enrol students in government-run schools in Gujarat, state education minister Jitu Vaghani said on Tuesday.The 17th edition of Shala Praveshotsav was launched by chief minister Bhupendra Patel on June 23 from a government-run primary school in Banaskantha’s Vadgam taluka. In all, 2.80 lakh girls and 2.91 lakh boys were enrolled in Class 1 in the presence of dignitaries across the state, the minister said.Gujarat’s gross enrolment ratio has gone up to nearly 100%, the minister said. “The enrolment drive covered 30,880 government-run primary schools in the state. During the drive, 2.30 lakh children, including 1.12 lakh girls, were also admitted in anganwadis and kindergartens across the state,” Vaghani told reporters in Gandhinagar. Money and items, totalling Rs 28.53 crore in value, have been donated for the drive, he said.In Kashipura village of Banaskantha district, a local resident gifted a piece of land worth Rs 10 lakh for education, the minister said.“As many as 494 classrooms, built at a cost of Rs 25.93 crore, were inaugurated during the drive. Transportation facility for students in 2,364 schools was also launched as part of the programme,” he said.
Around 5.72 lakh children were admitted in Class 1, achieving 100 per cent enrolment, while over 2.30 lakh were enrolled in anganwadi centres during the three-day Shala Praveshotsav, said Education Minister Jitu Vaghani on Tuesday.At a press conference in Ahmedabad, Vaghani said, “During the 17th three-day Kanya Kelavani and Shala Praveshotsav campaign, more than 45 lakh students from Class 2 to 8 accompanied by one crore citizens came together to celebrate enrolment… in over 30,000 government primary schools. Over 5.72 lakh students have been enrolled in Class 1 (2,80,478 girls and 2,91,912 boys)… Another 2,30,732 children in anganwadi centres have been enrolled. With the initiative which is carried out only in Gujarat, 100 per cent enrollment has been achieved.”Also, transportation facility was started in 2364 schools while 494 new classrooms built at a cost of Rs 26 crore were inaugurated during the drive.“Donations of Rs 2.54 crore in cash and Rs 26 crore worth in kind, thus a total of Rs 28.53 crore was received during these three days. In Banaskantha’s Kashipura land worth Rs 10 lakh was donated for school,” he added.As a result of the vision of the then CM Narendra Modi and initiative of Kanya Kelavani Mahotsav, the enrolment ratio of children in the state reached 100 per cent, the Minister added.
On the second day of the three-day enrollment drive, Shala Praveshotsav and Kanya Kelavani, held after a gap of two years, another 1,88,650 students were enrolled in Class 1 across 32,000 government primary schools in the state Friday.With 2,00,399 children enrolled on the first day, a total of 3,83,567 children were admitted to government schools in the state. This includes more than 1.80 lakh girls while 77,996 children were enrolled in anganwadi centres in two days.According to Education Minister Jitu Vaghani, 17,677 officials and elected representatives visited 10,024 schools across 7,662 villages on the second day. Aiming at 100 per cent enrollment, 20,624 government primary schools have been covered in 15,794 villages. The remaining nearly 10,000 schools would be covered Saturday, the last day.The 1.88 lakh students enrolled Friday include 89,857 girls and 93,311 boys. It also includes 587 physicallychallenged children–343 boys and 244 girls.“Today Rs 70 lakh has been donated in cash and another Rs 9.24 crore in kind as a donation from the communities. Thus, financial assistance of over Rs 19 crore was received in two days. Also, 327 classrooms built at a cost of Rs 12 crore have been inaugurated in government primary schools in two days,” a government release stated quoting Vaghani.A total of 1,60,825 children–82,829 boys and 77,996 girls–have been enrolled in anganwadi centres.The state government’s campaign to further strengthen the education sector was getting a good response from the people and for the second day in a row, the citizens gave uninterrupted public support, the minister stated.
More than two lakh students were enrolled in government primary schools across the state on Day 1 of Shala Praveshotsav and Kanya Kelavani, said Gujarat Education Minister Jitu Vaghani Thursday. The number is in addition to more than 84,000 children–43,748 boys and 40,988 girls–who were enrolled in various Anganwadi centres.A total of 19,182 officers visited 10,600 schools across 8,132 villages on the first day of the enrollment drive, stated the state government in an official release.“Nearly 10,000 schools were covered on Day One by 3,500 officials. A similar number would be covered on days two and three. With each official covering three schools, the plan is to cover the entire 32,000 by the end of three days,” said a senior education official.A total of 2,00,399 children were enrolled in Class 1, Vaghani stated in a release. As per the information shared by him, 1,01,606 boys and 98,793 girls were enrolled in Class 1. Also, 657 children–409 boys and 248 girls–who are physically challenged were also enrolled.🚨 Limited Time Offer | Express Premium with ad-lite for just Rs 2/ day 👉🏽 Click here to subscribe 🚨The development of education this government has been able to achieve is the difference between the concept of education 20 years ago and today, the education minister said during his visits to Aasjol, Ruppura and Rantej schools in Becharaji taluka of Mehsana district. “Can you imagine an entire village gathering at the school to welcome Class 1 students 20 years back,” he said.Through Shala Praveshotsav and Kanya Kelavani, where the schools have been able to connect with the society, the government looks to bring radical changes in the society via education, the minister added.Gujarat has taken the lead in the country with the state government setting aside Rs 500 crore to promote student innovation and ideas under the Student Startup and Innovation Policy 2.0, he emphasised during his visits.“The government has taken special care to provide basic and infrastructural facilities in the villages. In the past 20 years, there have been many radical changes in the development of the state. The government is working hard to keep the villages of the state alive” the minister said highlighting schemes such as Sujalam Sufalam for farmers and Ayushyaman Bharat Card for the health security of the residents of the state. “Further, up-gradation of 20,000 schools from the School of Excellence is being done at a cost of Rs 10,000 crore,” he said.The minister stated that Rs 87.93 lakh was donated and items worth Rs 8.97 crore were received through community participation and donation. Thus, total financial support of Rs 9.85 crore was received from the society.He also added that 141 new classrooms, constructed at a cost of Rs 8.46 crore, were inaugurated on the first day and transport facilities have been started in 823 schools across the state.This year, the state government has gone ahead and compared the numbers with that of 1990-91 when it claimed the drop-out rate was 64.48 per cent compared to the 3.7 per cent in 2020-21. The gross enrolment ratio, which was 95.65 in 2004-05, has increased to 99.02 in 2020-21.The government has claimed it has achieved over 99 per cent enrollment since 2015-16 and attributed this to schemes like Shala Praveshotsav and Kanya Kelavani Mahotsav. This year, the state government expects to achieve the 100 per cent enrollment target as it is being verified with the birth records in the Civil Registration System (CRS) records.The drive, where ministers, IAS, IPS, IFS and Class I officers visit government primary schools across the state, was launched in 2003 by the then Chief Minister Narendra Modi with an aim to achieve 100 per cent student enrolment and to promote girls’ education.
THE 17th edition of Gujarat government’s school enrollment drives, Shala Praveshotsav and Kanya Kelavani, are scheduled to begin on June 23.The three-day enrolment campaign is being held after a gap of two years due to Covid-19 pandemic.While Chief Minister Bhupendra Patel will visit the Memadpura Government Primary School in Vadgam taluka of Banaskantha district on June 23, 84 IAS, 24 IPS and 15 IFS officers along with 356 Class -I officers would visit 32,013 government primary schools across the state for the enrollment drive, said Education Minister Jitu Vaghani during a briefing on Monday.This year Vice Chancellors of universities will also be roped in for Praveshotsav drive. The CM presided over a meeting with members of the Cabinet, office bearers and senior officials ahead of the enrolment drive.New initiatives as part of the enrollment drive, that was launched by then Chief Minister Narendra Modi in 2003 aiming at 100 per cent student enrolment in government schools, will also be reviewed.Under the new initiatives launched by the education department during Covid-19 pandemic including samaydaan by teachers to cover up learning loss among children, 100 per cent attendance of teachers and students, availability of basic facilities at schools, results of unit tests and semester exams and online and offline initiatives undertaken by the department during pandemic will be reviewed.As per the schedule shared by the state education department, on June 24, across the state from 4-5 pm taluka level review would be conducted in the presence of officials from the state government.Official numbers said that in 1990-91 the drop-out rate was 64.48 per cent which was reduced to 3.7 per cent in 2020-21 and the gross enrolment ratio in 2004-05 was 95.65 which increased to 99.02 in 2020-21, Vaghani added.